LondonArtGirl

LondonArtGirl has moved to her own domain. Check her out at her new website at www.londonartgirl.com for more comprehensive posts, opinions, and reviews. See you there!

05 October 2006

Berlin: Believe the Hype




After a whirlwind 36 hours in Berlin earlier this week, I can honestly say that I have not been this excited about the art world in a very long time. It is true what they say about Germany – this is where it is all happening right now. I had never been to Berlin before, but like most art market watchers, I have been reading about its quality and abundance of contemporary art for some years now. In my brief time there, I was not disappointed. I originally planned on attending Art Forum Berlin and working my way through the many galleries the city has to offer. After arriving, I realized that like many other large fairs, Art Forum Berlin had attracted a couple of smaller, emerging artist fairs. My favorite! So I skipped most of the galleries – most were closed anyway due to the fairs – and headed off to Art Forum Berlin, Berliner Liste 2006 and Preview Berlin: The Emerging Art Fair. The following posts are highlights (there are many of them) of the three fairs. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google